- For the current quarter, revenues stood at Rs. 496 crore as against Rs. 405 crore for the same period of last year showing growth of 23%
- The growth in sales driven by roofing solutions which delivered growth for the fourth consecutive quarter
August 07, 2018: HIL Limited, one of the India’s largest manufacturers and sellers of fibre cement roofing and green building products, today announced the financial results for the quarter and year starting April 01, 2018. Part of the USD 1.8 billion CK Birla Group, the company’s revenues for the current quarter stood at Rs. 496 crore as against Rs. 405 crore for the same period of last year showing growth of 23%. 14% growth realised in roofing segment during the quarter, where affinity for Charminar brand continues to grow. Strong contribution continues to come from Building Solutions with 37% year-on-year growth during the year. We are seeing traction in Birla Aerocon range given the emphasis on solutions based approach.
Business performance highlights:
- Profit before Tax improved by 40% year-on-year to Rs.78 crore whereas Profit after Tax improved by 41% year-on-year to Rs.52 crore during the quarter
- This performance has been supported by growth in sales across board, where initiatives taken to drive higher productivities from operations driving earnings
- Emphasis on enhancing financial parameters have resulted in expansion of pre-tax earnings
- Contained borrowings and optimal working capital management will allow transmission of growth realised into higher net profits going forward
Mr. Dhirup Roy Choudhary, Managing Director, HIL Limited said, “Our excitement for the future is underlined by the visibility we are creating around our flagship brands. The focus is graduating to building on the gains in margins that we have seen YoY, and this will be a function of enhanced presence in through distribution channels in asbestos roofing, the solutions centric approach to growing the building solutions segment, scaling up of the green roofing solutions product and the momentum we are creating in pipes & fittings by way of adding to the profile of products. It is the vigor within the organisation that enthuses even us, and I am confident that we will be able to deliver consistently good set of performances in the coming periods through the articulated objectives.”
Established in 1946, HIL Limited is a flagship company of the CK Birla Group. Being World’s largest manufacturer and seller of fibre cement roofing, HIL Limited offers comprehensive building solutions. Since last 70 years, the company has achieved market leadership by developing and marketing advanced, high quality, innovative, more sustainable products for the building materials industry. HIL has two major brands- Birla Aerocon and Charminar. The company boasts of 20 state-of-the art manufacturing facilities, reiterating its commitment to innovation through a dynamic R&D facility, offering products that are affordable, strong and durable. Having pioneered in green technology keeping in mind the paradigm shift to green building materials almost a decade ago, the company stands out with its signature True Fit technology that has created a benchmark in the piping industry. The company is committed to health and safety practices, which is reflected through its vast range of products that are environmentally viable and conducive. Given its strong emphasis on customer centricity, HIL Limited also ensures a widespread reach through an extensive sales and distribution network spread across the country, with a representation in all the states. Its strengths are truly its employees, loyal dealers and satisfied customers. It has been conferred as India’s best company of the year (2017) in builing material category by IBC InfoMedia, USA.