CHOLAMANDALAM INVESTMENT AND FINANCE COMPANY LIMITED (CHOLA)
UN-AUDITED FINANCIAL RESULTS FOR THE QUARTER AND HALF YEAR ENDED
30th SEPTEMBER 2018
Q2 FY19: Assets under Management up by 31% and PAT up by 49% over Q2 FY18
Chennai, October 30, 2018: The Board of Directors of Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Company Limited today approved its un-audited financial results for the quarter and half year ended 30th September 2018.
Q2 Performance: Rs in Cr.
Rs in Cr.
* Annualised **As % of average assets
Disbursements grew by 26% PAT grew by 49% ROTA – PBT improved by 50 bps
- Aggregate disbursements for the half year were at ₹ 13,914 Cr as against ₹ 10,345 Cr in the previous half year of FY18, registering a growth of 34%,.
Vehicle Finance business has clocked a volume of ₹ 11,207 Crs for the period ended September 2018 as against ₹ 8,114 Cr. for the same period in the previous year, reporting a growth of 38% Y-o-Y. This has been attributable by consistent growth in HCV and LCV segment.
- Home Equity business disbursed ₹ 1,849 Crs as against ₹ 1,570 Crs for YTD September FY 18, marking a growth of 18% YoY, getting back to growth trajectory.
- Assets under management grew by 31% at Rs.47,720 Crs as compared to Rs.36,456 Crs in Q2 FY18.
- The PBT-ROTA for YTD FY19 improved to 4.0% as against 3.6% in YTD September of FY18
GNPA, NNPA and Provision Coverage Ratio
The Company has been able to maintain stage 3 receivables in absolute term at June’18 level, inspite of increase in overall asset position from Rs. 45,243 Cr to Rs 47,690 Cr. A brief comparison under IGAAP and IND AS is given below:
Rs in Cr.
The Capital Adequacy Ratio (CAR) of the company as on 30th September 2018, was at 18.34% as against the regulatory requirement of 15%.
During the quarter, the Company entered into an investment agreement with TVS Logistics Services Limited (TVSLSL), pursuant to which TVSLSL has taken a 51% stake in White Data Systems India Private Limited. Consequently the holding of our Company is reduced from 63% to 31%.