Shoppers Stop launches exclusive selection on Amazon.in across 35 brands including Stop to start, Life and Rocky Star
The largest online kidswear store offers extensive selection from brands like Mothercare, Marks & Spencer, GiniJony; Exclusive kids’ lines from GAP
Close to 60% of demand from tier II and III cities
Chennai, February 26, 2018:Amazon Fashion has revolutionizedkidswear in India by bringing in a diverse selection from renowned brands from across the country, all under one roof. The rising popularity of online kidswear shopping in India is evident in the increased sales of close to 80% in 2017 over 2016 in terms of units sold. Offering a mix of over 300brands and more than 9000 sellers, Amazon Fashion offers the largest online kidswear store in India with the largest selection from Mothercare, Marks & Spencer, GiniJonyand exclusive kids’ lines from popular brands GAP and brands fromShoppers Stop. Following the commercial partnership with Shopper’s Stop Limited (SSL), Amazon Fashion on-boarded close to 35 brands with a selection of ~20,000 products with 8 private labels offering apparel, shoes, handbags, accessories.
With the largest selection in branded wear and ease of access on one single marketplace have strengthened thepurchase of kidswear online, including in tier II and III cities.
Growth of the Kidswear Category
The top selling brands on Amazon Fashion are a comprehensive mix of homegrown and international brands such as Mothercare, United Colors of Benetton, US Polo, GiniJony and 612 League.In turn, the brands have alsoscaled, contributing largely to the overall growth of the kidswear category.
ParagDani, Business Head, Gap India business said, “Having partnered exclusively with Amazon for close to a year, we see good traction for GapKids and babyGap through the platform. The kids/baby business contribution is in line with our expectations, and we’re quite pleased with the growth of the business in metro and non-metro locations both. Our kids/baby business is a pillar of growth, since there’s a very strong product proposition, and the customers on Amazon Fashion seek out this offering.”
ShantanuDugar, Founder and Director, NautiNati said, “e-Commerce is dependent on the convergence of three factors – Value, Variety & Instant gratification.I can’t think of any portal which even comes close to Amazon on these metrics. Our relationship with Amazon has helped us gain a wider footprint, &understand various challenges in the apparel marketplace for children – This will surely go a long way in helping us emerge as a player of national significance in the near term.”
Offering the largest selection across the pricing spectrum, Amazon Fashion offers customers an ease of discovery and buying experience for the category that’s extremely fragmented in the offline space and that too from the comfort of your home.
- Amazon Fashion has witnessed a tremendous rise in kidswear shopping in tier II and III cities.
- Sales in terms of units coming from tier II and III cities contribute 60% of the total kidswear sales
- Top products popular in tier II and III cities include T-shirt, Shirt, Dresses
- Sneakers and Sports Shoes are also one of the biggest draws, followed by accessories like bag-packs, etc.
- International Brands like GAP, Marks & Spencer and more are ding significantly well in Non Metro cities which indicates consumer demand
- The age group between 8 to 12 years is the most popular.
- Character merchandise with key characters like Mickey & Friends, Avenger, Superman, Spiderman, ChhotaBheem are widely favored across the kidswear category.
- There’s a significant kids share for global brands like GAP, M&S, etc. in terms of sales that show the affinity towards global fashion brands even for kids collections
- Kids Ethnicwear category has seen huge traction in online space especially during festive sales. Ethnic wear is one of the most searched sub-categories on Kids in 2017 and continues to be so.